Thursday, December 2, 2010

Handwriting

I really wish I didn't have messy handwriting, because I would love for my handwriting to be a typeface, but I'm afraid no one would understand it. It really irks me when people make those presentations in class and insist on using way too much of their favorite decorative font. One saying applies to almost everything in life, and especially in typography, "less is more". When using a decorative typeface, it is ok use sparingly, but when you over decorate a design can get very cheesy, very fast. So when I think I want to use a typeface for titles with a little for fluidity, I always try to look for type that has a quality that seems, handmade. Here is a link to some very elegant typefaces, based on real people's handwriting.

http://www.addictivefonts.com/script/handwritten/free-handwritten-fonts/

No comments:

Post a Comment